Vegan Thai Pizza Recipe
Follow the recipe below to make a delicious Vegan Thai Pizza using
Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein Pea Protein Small Batch and “Just Like Chicken” Seasoning.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
*2 cups of
Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein - Small Batch Pea Protein
2 cups water
1 tbsp. + 2 tbsp. olive oil
2 sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 cup red potatoes, sliced 1/4” thick
2 tbsp. Plant Basics “Just Like Chicken” Seasoning
½ tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
Salt & pepper to taste
1 pre-made or homemade pizza crust
1/2 cup plum sauce (sweet asian sauce made from plums)
2 cups grated plant-based mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Makes 1 pizza
- Preheat oven to 450° F (or according to your pizza crust package).
- In a medium, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat, and sauté the onions, stirring frequently,
until caramelized and reduced to approximately 1/3 the original volume (approximately 20-30 minutes). Once
caramelized, remove from heat and set aside. Move onto the next steps while the onions are caramelizing.
- In a large, high-sided, non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, add the Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein, 2 cups water, and the Plant Basics Just Like Chicken seasoning. Simmer until all of the liquid is gone (5-7 minutes).
- In the pan with the hydrated, flavored Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein, add 2 tbsp. oil, potatoes, crushed red pepper, salt & pepper to taste, and saute, stirring frequently, until the Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein begins to turn golden brown and the potatoes are just starting to turn tender (7-10 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place your pizza crust on a stone, pizza pan, or cookie sheet. Cover with a thin layer of plum sauce, Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein, potatoes, caramelized onions, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese & crust begin to brown (time will vary depending on your crust).
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro, cut, and serve.
Sign up for the FakeMeats.com newsletter so you’ll see all of our new products and sales!
- If you can't find Plum Sauce, any Thai inspired sweet sauce you like would work.
- Any version of the Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein would work for this recipe - just adjust the simmer time for the version you are using. The Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein Chunks would be excellent on this too!
Click here to sign up for our newsletter.
Check out this video showing the pizza assembly: