Vegan Thai Basil Beef Rolls Recipe
Plant Basics, FakeMeats.com’s premiere brand of single-ingredient meat alternatives, was featured in the VegNews Recipe Club. Follow the recipe below to make Vegan Thai Basil Beef Rolls using Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein Pea Crumbles and “Just Like Beef” Seasoning.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 5 people
1 cup uncooked sushi rice
2 cups Plant Basics Hearty Plant Protein Pea Crumbles
2 cups water
2 teaspoons Plant Basics "Just Like Beef" Seasoning
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
1 cup chopped cucumber
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon maple syrup
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup chopped basil
⅓ cup chopped green onion
5 large flour tortillas
Chili oil for dipping
Makes 5 rolls
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large skillet over high heat, combine Plant Basics Crumbles, water, Plant Basics Just Like Beef Seasoning, soy sauce, ginger, cumin, and red chili flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Spread crumbles evenly on baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Place in oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumbers, remaining one tablespoon sesame oil, lime juice, maple syrup, cilantro, basil, and green onion. Toss to combine, and set aside.
- In a skillet or microwave, warm tortillas. Lay one tortilla flat, spoon ½ cup rice and ½ cup crumbles down center, and top with ⅓ cup cucumber mixture. Roll up as you would a burrito, and repeat with remaining rolls. Serve with chili oil for dipping.
Sign up for the FakeMeats.com newsletter so you’ll see all of our new products and sales!
Click here to sign up for our newsletter.